You Don’t Have To Be a Doctor To Save a Life.

Home Forums News & Events 2020 You Don’t Have To Be a Doctor To Save a Life.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Administrator
    Keymaster

As we continue to monitor the rapidly evolving situation with the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), we all feel a great deal of uncertainty right now – in Florida, our country and around the world. I am so grateful that many of you have reached out to me and asked, “what can I do”. Our country now faces a severe blood shortage due to unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations. One of the most important things you can do to ensure we don’t have another health care crisis on top of current crisis is to give blood, if you are healthy and eligible.
      Like a hospital, grocery store, or pharmacy, blood collection centers are vital to ensuring the health of the community. We understand that people have concerns right now about all aspects of public health and we are keenly focused on the safety and well-being of everyone, especially fellow Rotarians, but want to stress that donating blood is a safe process and people should not hesitate to give. There is no data or evidence that this virus (or any other respiratory virus) is transmitted by blood transfusions.
      There are a number of blood bank operations throughout our area including OneBlood, American Red Cross, Suncoast Community Blood Bank, and many Community Blood Center. You can also search by zip code for ALL centers at :

https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2F38Uaetj&data=02%7C01%7CEric.Corliss%40redcross.org%7Cce1ef8f42db44037cbbc08d7caa593c2%7Cdd5b5d42c0d34ad2b5f160edb3af2771%7C0%7C0%7C637200684799799988&sdata=Fyfx3FairnIM1yOGMbObnpJHjAWVBaAaGXu0Zvgn74U%3D&reserved=0

Rotarians are leaders in the communities and during this very dangerous time, we must do our part to help. I would ask each of you who are able to donate blood to do so. A blood shortage could impact patients who need surgery, victims of car accidents and other emergencies, or patients suffering from cancer. Many Rotary’s activities are either postponed or cancelled but we won’t let this crisis change our mission; what will change is when and how we carry it out.

Stay healthy, strong and take good care. Please share this out to everyone you know.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by HiepTang.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by HiepTang.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by HiepTang.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.